This week's Top Ten Tuesday on the Broke and the Bookish is top ten favorite books in my blog's lifespan. I've only been posting book reviews since January, so my choices are a bit limited, but here are my faves.
TOP TEN TUESDAY:
Top Ten Favorite Books in My Blog's Lifespan
* In order of their appearance on the blog . . .
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Of course.
2. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster. A funny, inventive book for all ages.
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Magical and interesting.
4. The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell. Sad but beautiful.
5. The Séance by John Harwood. An intriguing, mysterious start (I didn't care for the end so much)
6. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. An incredibly interesting guy makes for a great book.
7. The Secret History by Donna Tartt. Dark and absorbing.
8. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. Funny and charming, perfect audio book.
9. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Clever and silly.
10. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. A fun, crazy thriller.