This week's Top Ten Tuesday on the Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines. This was a rough one for me (the books I read just don't lend themselves well to "kick-ass" characters), but I'm pretty pleased with my final choices.
|The most kick-ass of the bunch. Don't mess with Lisbeth. She'll get you back.|
TOP TEN TUESDAY:
Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines
1. Lisbeth Salander (The Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson)
2. Hermione Granger (The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling)
3. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins)
4. Coraline (Coraline by Neil Gaiman)
5. Offred (The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood)
6. Beatrice Lacey (Wideacre by Philippa Gregory), who might not count as a heroine . . .
7. Angela McCourt (Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt)
8. Hester Prynne (The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne)
9. Sara Crewe (A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett)
10. Nancy Drew (The Nancy Drew Series under the collective pseudonym Carolyn Keene)