My name is Renee Borage and this is my blog. I am an aspiring writer, avid reader, and (someday) world traveler.
|Posing with the mountains in Meteora, Greece.|
Why the blog?
I started A Quick Red Fox in August 2011 when I was studying abroad on the Greek island Aigina and traveling around Europe. Now it's just a place to write about my favorite things in life-- reading, writing, and (*fingers crossed*) more traveling.
Why the fox?
Foxes are my favorite animal, and if I had to pick an animal that's like me, I'd pick a fox.
As for the blog title, I like that it connects my love of foxes to letters and words. In case you didn't know, "The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog" is a sentence that contains every letter of the alphabet.
What do you read?
I mostly read mainstream and literary fiction, but I sometimes also check out nonfiction, the classics, and (less often) YA. If you want to know what I've read or what I'm currently reading, you can check out my Goodreads. There's also a widget on the right hand side of the blog that always lists what I'm currently reading and you can find all the reviews I've posted on the blog here.
And in no particular order, here are some of my favorite books:
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Affinity by Sarah Waters
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
What else do you like to do?
I write and am hoping to one day be a published author.
I pin an ordinate number of things on Pinterest.
I like to cook and bake and try new recipes.
I sometimes craft or sew or draw. I also enjoy photography and graphic design.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
And if you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me at aquickredfox(at)gmail(dot)com.